Ants in Florida
While there are over 200 species of ants in Florida, a few of the most common types in west-central Florida include Lawn Fire Ants, Crazy Ants, and Carpenter Ants.
Ant Treatment: What to Expect
Because ants are small, it makes them difficult to keep outside as they are constantly foraging for food. Some will also sting, damage lawns, contaminate food, and spread disease. Here are a few of our treatment methods for ant removal:
- Many large commercial properties are challenged to control ants due to their sheer size. To overcome this issue NaturZone has invested in a state of the art technology called a Z-sprayer. The Z-sprayer allows us to accurately apply granular, liquid pesticides to keep many acres of athletic fields, hundreds of homes, and one million-plus square foot warehouses pest-free.
- Treatment methods that may be used include manual removal (vacuum), insecticidal dust, liquid insecticide, aerosol sprays, and granular bait. Being focused on green pest control, our ant removal is safe for people, pets, and works quickly with low disturbance to everyday tasks.
- Treatment methods are determined by our technicians based on environmental factors and the specific type of insect activity observed on site.
By identifying and eliminating attractive feeding and nesting conditions, pests are much less likely to infest your home or business. By following some of these simple suggestions, you can help maintain a pest-free environment after our ant removal program has been put in place.
- Keep food sealed tight and stored correctly. Only feed pets as much as they can eat in one sitting. Do not let pet food sit overnight and only feed them indoors when possible.
- Maintain dead wood near your property such as stumps, railroad ties, logs, etc. which can attract wood-destroying organisms such as carpenter ants.
- Keep shrubbery and trees off the building as it can provide ants and other pests a highway into the structure.
Please enter your information below and tell us more about your problem. A NaturZone technician will be in contact with you after reviewing your pest problem.