Bed Bugs in Florida
Besides just being a nuisance, bed bugs negatively affect your reputation and present the following risks:
Bed Bug Treatment: What to Expect
Because bed bugs are hitchhiking pests, there is nothing that can be done to 100% guarantee prevention. Our Bed Bud Free program is designed to give our clients peace of mind that they have taken reasonable steps to prevent bed bug infestations. Our bed bug removal program services Tampa and the surrounding areas and consists of:
- Prepping infested rooms
- Vacuuming live bed bugs to quickly reduce the chances of being bitten
- Installing bite-proof mattress and box spring encasements to reduce the chances of being bitten
- Installing inception traps to the legs of the bed and infested furniture to prevent bed bugs from reaching the host
- Provide information to help you write protocols for your business
- Provide staff training on bed bugs
Bed Bug Prevention
Preventing bed bugs is extremely challenging. However, there are a few key signs to look for to catch an infestation early on:
- Check sheets for blood spots. If bed bugs are feeding, it is not uncommon to squish them after they’ve had a meal.
- Adult bed bugs are visible, and are about the shape and size of an apple seed. They range from very red and oblong, to very brown, depending on how recently they fed. Search your bed and surrounding areas for pests that match this description.
- Bed bugs, like many pests, are also easily identified by their fecal matter. It has the appearance of black ink that has soaked into fabric. Search areas such as electrical outlets, under furniture, in cracks and crevices of mattresses and box springs for these stains.
- If you suspect you have a bed bug problem, contact us. Our technicians do all of the prep in business and homes to keep employees, visitors, and families free from infestation.
Please enter your information below and tell us more about your problem. A NaturZone technician will be in contact with you after reviewing your pest problem.