Flies in Florida
We have all had to swat flies away from our food. Flies can pose a large threat to the health and safety of people and brand reputations:
Fly Treatment: What to Expect
Our fly control program will help protect your reputation at an affordable price. NaturZone’s program consists of four steps:
- Sanitation: Flies thrive in warm, moist conditions. NaturZone will make sanitization recommendations to protect your business. Some fly issues require bioremediation services to solve the problem. “NO Fly” Foam Service by NaturZone sanitizes, eliminates bad odors, kills fly larvae, and organically removes fly breeding medium to help keep flies to a minimum.
- Exclusion: Your NaturZone technician may recommend sealing and caulking cracks and crevices along with adding dual doors, vestibules or air curtains to help prevent flies from entering.
- Treatment of Breeding Sights: NaturZone will identify and treat breeding sites such as dumpsters and other areas.
- Control of Adult Flies Indoors: Insect Light Traps (ILT’s) may be installed to monitor and kill adult flies around the clock; additional control methods to keep your environment pest-free.
Flies are difficult to prevent, given their ability to breed on the food we eat. After your fly control program is put in place, ongoing inspections and monitoring of your entire property by your NaturZone technician will allow us to adjust your program as necessary to stop flies from putting your business at risk. Here are a few tips for keeping them at bay in the meantime:
- Remove decaying organic debris on your property.
- Maintain a detailed cleaning schedule by cleaning floor mats daily, cleaning drains, checking for damaged floor tiles, and look for rotting food or debris in hidden areas.
- Ensure that garbage is regularly removed and stored outside in a trash can.
- If you own pets, make sure to regularly pick up their excrement from your yard.
- Check that all window and door screens are tight-fitting and intact. Seal cracks and crevices found in your home’s foundation or exterior walls.
- Store food in the refrigerator and in tightly sealed containers.
- Routinely wash your dishes, do not leave dirty dishes in the sink for long periods of time
Please enter your information below and tell us more about your problem. A NaturZone technician will be in contact with you after reviewing your pest problem.