Termites in Florida
The two types of termites that can cause extensive structural damage in Florida are the drywood termites and subterranean termites.
Termite Treatment: What to Expect
According to the US Department of Agriculture, each year termites cost consumers more than $2 billion for controlling termites and repairing termite damage. NaturZone has a comprehensive termite control program to protect your home and business from these pests.
- Total Termite Treatment Protection Plan: For one low fee you can have both drywood and subterranean termite coverage for your property.
- Borate treatment: The unfinished wood can be protected from all types of termites, wood-destroying beetles, mold and fungus through the application of a borate product. This will kill existing termite infestations to accessible wood and prevent future infestations to the treated areas (normally attic and crawl spaces).
- Subterranean termite prevention and curative treatments: We provide both liquid and Sentricon termite baiting services.
- Drywood termite fumigation referral program: Sometimes environmental factors such as type of construction combined with the extent of drywood termite infestation require tent fumigation to eliminate hidden termite colonies that spot treatment will not cure.
Whether you are concerned about termites in the future or we have implemented a program at your property, there are extra measures you can take to decrease the risk of termite infestation at your home or business.
- Fix roof or plumbing leaks.
- Eliminate all wood-to-soil contact around the foundation.
- Keep firewood or other wood debris from being stacked against the side of the home.
- Keep mulch or soil away from the home’s siding. It’s best to have a barrier of a few inches.
- Remove items like scrap lumber, boxes and even old books or newspapers from crawl spaces.
- Maintain adequate ventilation in crawl spaces.
- Prevent moisture accumulation around your home’s foundation by making sure water is diverted with downspouts and gutters.
- Remove old tree stumps and roots close to the building.
- Get preventive termite treatments from NaturZone.
Please enter your information below and tell us more about your problem. A NaturZone technician will be in contact with you after reviewing your pest problem.